Small Business Strong — support for your small business
More than 50 local business advisors are ready to help you with your business goals.
Small Business Strong is a pro bono small business recovery and resiliency program. This program is funded through a partnership between the U.S. Economic Development Administration, Small Business Planning Commission, Mill Cities Community Investments, and Small Business Strong. Complete the quick and simple application form for free business support to achieve your goals— no strings attached. Small Business Strong offers support to organizations in many industries in a number of support areas:
How it works
- Apply for Small Business Strong Resiliency Program https://www.smallbstrong.com/consult-an-advisor/
- Application will be reviewed by a program manager.
- If accepted, you’ll receive a call, and our program manager or business advisor will share how the process works.
- You will be assigned a Business Advisor (BA), and the BA will review your case, and make recommendations for a functional specialist(s).
- You will be connected to a Functional Specialist who will provide support in a vital area (or two) to succeed at your goals set forth together.
- Upon completion of the work with your functional specialist(s) — you will re-connect with your Business Advisor, who will close your case.
When completing the application, please include:
- In the “Support Needed” section – check off the support you would like. You may check off more than one support field – use the shift key to select additional areas of support.
- In the “Description” section – which areas do you need help with? Here is your opportunity to write your “wish list.” We will match you up as best we can with someone who can provide support in the areas you need help with.
- In the “Referring Organization/Business Advisor” section – please list where or whom you learned about this program. EVA MONTIBELLO
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Digital Transformation
- Human Resources
- Loan/Grant Support
- Tax Support
- and more
- Child/Adult Care
- Service Organizations
- and more
Grants and Other Funding and Promotional Programs Available
Biz M Power Grant from MGCC
About the Biz M Power Crowdfunding Grant
The Biz-M-Power crowdfunding matching grant program offers small businesses in Massachusetts financial assistance with their acquisition, expansion, improvement or lease of a facility, purchase or lease of equipment, or with meeting other capital needs for the business. Eligible applicants will be empowered to advance their business with an innovative approach to obtaining capital. Through crowdfunding campaigns, these businesses connect with their local residents and stakeholders to advance projects that support economic success and transformation for their business and in their communities. This program is funded by the Commonwealth’s Operating Budget appropriated $7,500,000 for this program.
Preference shall be given to small businesses owned by low- to moderate-income individuals (LMI), women, minorities, immigrants, non-native English speakers, U.S. military veterans, disabled individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and businesses operating in Massachusetts Gateway Cities.
Empower Digital Grant from MGCC (grant closed)
Empower Digital Website
The Empower Digital Grant is open to participants who meet the following requirements. Eligible applicants must be a small business that:
- Has been nominated by a Technical Assistance Provider through MGCC’s Small Business Technical Assistance Program
- Is based and operating within Massachusetts
- Is employing 1-20 FTE employees (including 1099s)
- Is the business owners’ primary source of income
- Has an annual revenue not exceeding $2,500,000
- Has completed and submitted the Digital Assessment to their SBTA Sponsor for review
- Has been in business for a minimum of one year at the time of application
- Requires 2020 or 2021 Federal Business Tax Returns or Schedule C
- Is NOT owned by someone employed by the sponsoring SBTA
- Is NOT a nonprofit, not-for-profit, or charitable organization
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise with more than 2 locations, including those individually owned-and-operated (Franchises with up to 2 locations will be considered, but MGCC reserves the right to limit grant funding to one location)
- Is NOT a real estate rental/sales business
- Is NOT a lobbyist
- Is NOT a cannabis related business
- An individual of 18 years or older at the time of application
- A United States citizen or permanent resident
APPROVED USE OF FUNDS
- Fees for Qualified Professional Services/Consultants, as specified in their Digital Development Plan, including but not limited to:
- Designers (Graphic/Motion)
- Digital Marketing Strategists
- Social Media Strategists
- Website/Content Developers
- POS Implementation Specialists
- Software, as specified in their Digital Development Plan, including but not limited to software for:
- Productivity/ Team Collaboration
- Social Media/SEO/Marketing
- WiFi Upgrade/Internet packages
- Other use of funds for the development of digital capabilities not specified by a Qualified Professional service/consultant must be justified clearly